Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Frenzy!

Okay, I have a TON to say. Let's see if I can keep it somewhat short and sweet.

First - we're trying to teach Elliott to sleep in his crib at night. The results so far range from okay to a complete fiasco. The first night was him screaming from 11pm-4am. The next night he slept from 10-12, but when he started to stir and I went in to get him he was completely upside-down from how I put him in his crib, crammed in the corner and on his side. This had me in a complete tizzy. I called mom and dad both and basically proceeded to deliver a sleep-deprived frantic rant. This also included each of my parents mentioning 1) a ghost 2) 'someone else' in the house, which lead to me breaking down into tears, then maniacal laughter. (Sorry dad!)

Last nights results weren't as traumatizing for me, but did involve me going into his room about 6 or 7 times between 10:30 and 12:30. Finally Elliott fell asleep and slept until 2:30, but again, when I went in to calm him he had scooted all the way to the top of his crib. He ended up coming back to bed with me both nights, but slept until 6am, which was great!

Yesterday was so much fun. Pretty much the most fun day I've had in a long time! First we went to Tookie's Toys (www.tookiestoys.com) and I looked over the POS system to make sure I remembered how to use it, which was pretty easy. We spent about 45 minutes visiting and looking around the store. After that we went to Ornamentea (www.ornamentea.com) and I filled my bead card and bought a little over $70 worth of beads and paid a little over $20 for them all. It was fantastic. Nevermind the fact that I had to spend $500 to get $50 free, it was still exciting! I'm going to take a picture of all the stuff I got and post it later!

I'm hoping to start making some things for Etsy, but it depends on how calm Elliott can be for how long. Also - I really need to do some chores and figure out dinner. The exciting life of being a grown-up!

No comments: