Friday, November 7, 2008

Goings-on

Okay, so I'm excited. Over the course of the next few days, I'm doing stuff. Not just, laundry, dishes, baby-stuff. Stuff OUTSIDE the house. With PEOPLE. On Saturday I begin working a part-time job at Tookie's Toys. This might seem kinda lame to some people, but first off, I love Tookie's. The owners are super, nice people who support the local community. I love toys! Who doesn't? It's like being able to be a kid again. I love kids - it's so funny to see all the things they do while in a toy store. I'm kind of (read: very) excited to have a few hours of 'me' time. I know, I know, it'll be consumed by insane customers and wild kids, but I'm still counting it as me time. Also - I'm excited for Andy to spend time with Elliott, without me. He's only spent 2 maybe 3 hours (once) alone with him. It should be interesting to see how it goes. Also, it'll be good for Andy to not be thinking about work for a few hours.

Saturday is The Handmade Market in downtown Raleigh. I won't be able to stay for very long, but I just want to go check it out. This is the first year that I've been able to make plans to go to things like this, and actually get to go without having to ask off from work. I can't wait.

Next Wednesday Ele and I made plans to go out together. I think we both have a tendency to get a little down when we're on a stint of being home-bodies (correct me if I'm wrong!). It'll be nice for both of us to get out, have a glass of wine and just socialize. Lately I feel like days are just flying by. I seem to be getting bored with the daily in-and-out of my life. My Etsy is a nice distraction from boredom, but I have a bad habit of letting my chores be the last thing I do in the day, instead of the first. Then I spend most of the day thinking, "Oh, I really should be hanging laundry...". It kind of keeps me in a state muted anxiety. It's something I have to work on. So, I better stop blogging and go hang that laundry!

No comments: