Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wow.

I'm officially sleep deprived. Last night was the first night of trying to get Elliott to sleep in his crib. He went down a few minutes after 11, and he was already asleep - which is not really the way I wanted it to happen, but alas. At 4 am I finally decided that we had all had enough and brought him to bed with me. This is of course after trying the "Ferber method" and checking on him in increasing intervals of time. So. Going into this I've had three bad nights sleep because he was sleeping with me, and now a fourth because he wasn't. We slept in til 11:30 today (before I remembered to set the clocks back) but the sleep was terrible after a traumatic 5 hours of listening to the wee one so upset.

On a more fun note, Susannah and I went to a Halloween party last night and we both dressed as witches. I had a costume that I wore a few years ago that I made from this awesome sparkly fabric with iridescent spider webs on it, so we split it, and I wore the skirt and she wore the vest. The vest actually didn't come anywhere near closing on me, and fit Susannah perfectly - we looked quite awesome. Once Susannah sends pictures I'll post one.

No comments: